Thursday, June 17, 2004

hohoho

Finally someone posted a comment on my blog hahaha....anyway I went back old school today and listened to some good old Metallica. Have been listening to lots of Jazz and stuff. For some reason I juz felt like listening to something heavy and out came the Tallica CDs :-) my roots.

Being in a music college, I get influenced to listen to lots of Jazz cuz its the hardest form of music and for the rockers we are told to listen to lots of Dream Theater, I listen to a lot of DT as well and they are one of the most sucessful Progressive Rock band but like Jazz, its very progressive and very long. DT's song can go up to thiry mike for one song and frequently on their ablum (full length 60 - 70 mike) there are very few songs, 7 - 10. compare to say a punk or pop ablum which is not full length(avg 50 mike) there will be like 12 tunes on it.

Becoz their song is so long and complex, in order to absorb the whole ablum it could take many spins and there are always some sort of themes going on, usually based on events in the past year.

Dun feel like typing anymore....:-p

No comments: