Saturday, May 15, 2004

Have I found the answer to my problem?

You know what I talked about yesterday...well I might have found an answer to my problem...juz picked up a copy of the newest Guitar World today (July 04 issue) The article is real long!!! So I won't type out everything anyway here we go:

Guitar World by Jimmy Brown, Music Editor
Findin the Path of Least Resistance
I used to do things teh hard way. When I was a young man studying jazz guitar in college, I went through a period of several years during which I was obssesed with alternate (down-up) picking and being able to "muscle through" the most diffcult picking patterns......Much of these precious hours spent in the prime years of my life turned out to be a profound waste of time and energy.


Well basically the article is talkin bout being smart in choosing how you would play a lick or whatever in a more comfortable way for you fretting and picking hand.

A very enlightening article...I'm indeed going the wrong way...its good that by being in college, I dun have as much time to carry on with this insanity of down-up down-up madness.

Anyway there are lots of good pratice tips in this issue of GW by professors from establish music schools, like Berklee, GIT and advice from guitarists like Zakk Wylde, Satch and Petrucci

Great Issue

Over and Out

No comments: